Monday, May 23, 2011

BEFORE AND AFTER {UTAH NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER}

I'm sure some of you would like to see a before and after image from me. This before image is a little over-exposed in his skin, but still good enough to work with. I shoot with my white balance in auto, so you can see just how "blue" my background turned out. I didn't want it to look that way, so I warmed things up in the post process. I'm not going to go into my editing process, but I thought it might be fun for you to see the difference between the two. I applied at least 3-4 different actions or processes, all the while changing the opacity on them. I NEVER just run an action full strength. My editing process may be a little more time consuming than others, but I think it's worth it.

I do full custom editing to at least 35 images per session, often times more. What most people don't know, is that the post processing time is usually the most lengthy (thus the 2-3 weeks wait for your proofs) and that there is so much more to portrait photography than just the two hour session. There is a lot of behind the scenes work, but it is sooo worth it to see your images fully edited, the way I intend them to be!

Enjoy!

beforeafter

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous picture!! Being an amateur photographer myself I know how much work goes into editing and it's just crazy!!! But that's where the real beauty of the images can come out!! Great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete