Friday, April 29, 2011

EVERY TIME. {UTAH NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER}

Every time I do a newborn session, I learn a little bit more. And then, I wish that I could rewind the clock back to when both my boys were newborns so I could capture their sweetness all over again. I didn't know a THING about photography/portraits (well hardly... and I thought I knew so much! ha!) when my first-born entered this world.

Yet, I didn't want to take him to get his pictures taken because I thought he would just cry the whole time (he was very colicky). So, I took his newborn photos myself... and well, I had no clue what I was doing. Yet, I do have a few shots that I cherish from my "so-called" newborn session with him. It's also fun to look back and see how much my photography has grown and evolved. With my second, I knew a lot more about photography and how to work my MUCH improved camera, but I still didn't know a whole lot on posing babies. So again, I have a few images that I absolutely cherish and wouldn't trade for the world...But really, if I could turn back time even for one day, I would capture their innocence all over again with such a different knowledge on how to do so.

I still have so far to go in my learning process and I am so excited to continue to improve my skills with these sweet little models. They are my HARDEST sessions, and yet, often times my most rewarding. I come home exhausted and yet I will tell my hubby that I loved every minute of it:)

There is something magical about a newborn session.

j115web


No comments:

Post a Comment